News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grapevine

Started by Rocktifier, September 26, 2011, 03:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocktifier

Just put together my Grapevine.  Turned out great!  Experimented with some J201's but went with the stock 2n5457.  On my cheap solid state practice amp the J201's sounded more aggressive and clear while 5457's had a little less gain and a muddier midrange, but once I tested it through my Orange the difference was minimal.  I've also decided to quit  building pedals in 1590/1290 size boxes and it's made all the difference in the world.  I was always trying to cram everything in there, esp because I mount my jacks on top but going with the 125's has made the process way more enjoyable and my wiring comes out much neater too.  I also moved the stomp switch to the bottom and put the battery on the side so I could lay the board flat.  Color is Psycho Vein from PPP.  Fun build!  :)

Rocktifier

jkokura

Great job Ryan, that enclosure looks sick! I'll look into trying one of those out.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

redbean

es là-bas!!

raulduke

Really nice build mate,

The grapevine/dls is a sweet pedal.

I have mine on pretty much all the time when I am playing guitar.

FuzzMonkey

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm really into that color finish. Looks fantastic!
I like how you lay'd out the insides, it looks real neat.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Rocktifier

Thanks, been workin on my wiring.  My last four turned out pretty good.  Twisting the wires when appropriate has also helped...(got the idea from the guy who built the saggittary aka dual Sunking)

nzCdog