News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dig Dug Worm mod?

Started by ScubaDEAD, November 15, 2011, 08:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaDEAD

Would it be possible to add a switch that would enable the Dig Dug to give a smooth wah filter sweep maybe with an added q control or two (top and bottom)? I don't imagine it's a trivial task but if it didn't require an enclosure 3x the size it might be worthwhile...

JakeFuzz

Quote from: ScubaDEAD on November 15, 2011, 08:34:14 PM
Would it be possible to add a switch that would enable the Dig Dug to give a smooth wah filter sweep maybe with an added q control or two (top and bottom)? I don't imagine it's a trivial task but if it didn't require an enclosure 3x the size it might be worthwhile...

What do you mean by smooth sweep? The way I am interpreting that is that the transition time between steps of the sequence are slower. So it slowly sweeps from one value (set by the pots) to another. You could achieve this by placing a capacitor across the LED in the vactrol. This will cause the changes in LED brightness to smooth out rather than sudden square wavy transitions. Higher cap values will yield slower discharge rates. The problem with this is when you go to a really high value or the speed of the sequencing increases you will lose the depth of the wah or you may skip entire steps completely. I hope that's what you were talking about; if not, just ignore me  ;)

As for the filter range (or bounds) I would look at the design of the filter. It is an inductorless design based off of a well documented circuit (cant remember the name right now) but I am pretty sure you can modify at least one parameter of the sweep using resistance. Check out RG's wah tech pages for more info.