News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WIP Uber Tuber

Started by EBK, September 23, 2018, 04:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: MJ_Sound_Cubed on October 09, 2018, 09:49:51 PM
The finish line seems to be close and the project quite close to the end. :)

Maybe one mone in the next 10 week? :)
One can dream.  :D
I do have another project with a fully populated board.  I still need to finish the graphics, but maybe....

This Uber Tuber build is currently baking in my outdoor toaster oven.  I'll give it maybe two more coats of clear for good measure (so I have a greater margin for error when polishing it up).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

I've managed to get some coats of clear on this box, but it's not smooth and shiny yet (I still haven't figured out how to get that stuff to work right the first time).  Anyway, low humidity is here, so I will do my darndest to make this thing shiny.

By the way, if I finish building this and report back that it isn't working, ask me if I remembered to solder the pots (they're still just tack soldered at their middle legs only).  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Done, mostly -- plate voltages are high, but sound comes out.

I'll post a proper gut shot later.

EBK

I've picked up this not-quite-finished project again.  I've replaced the tube with one pretested by Brian, but I am having trouble with the Plate 1 voltage. 

V+ is 17.65V
TP1 is 17.3V

I'll play around with the plate resistor a bit.  Plate 2 voltage is fine.  Could this indicate a break in the plate 1 connection, perhaps due to oxidation on the tube lead preventing a good solder joint?  I've reflowed the solder joints on the tube with some additional flux.