News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kokbox problem

Started by night-B, February 25, 2011, 03:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

Wearing latex gloves can do the trick right?

madbean

Quote from: night-butterfly on February 28, 2011, 05:33:39 AM
Wearing latex gloves can do the trick right?

This really shouldn't be necessary. I think an audio probe will help you track down the problem. Check at the drains of each transistor to see where the signal is getting killed. This is the fastest way to debug this kind of problem.

night-B

On the bs170s the voltage readings are approx 1,5v 2v and 7v for each transistor. Ill check if I have a spare 0,1uf to build an audio probe.
Thanks for the help guys!

brainbender

I have the same problem!  Night-B, did you solved this issue? :-\

night-B

At first my kokbox worked out of the box, I forced a little on the knobs to pass threw the holes of the enclosure, and then it stopped working. So I thaught I broke a mini pot but I checked them with my dmm and they worked correctly. I checked the voltage readings of the transistors... This has drived me silly so I changed all the pots, trannies, then I have completely rewired the 3pdt and the jacks, and it finally worked. I had no audio probe at that moment so I don't know where the problem lied. Btw it was one of my first builds and I made lots of noob mistakes.
I hope you'll find how to get yours working!
Edit: I wore gloves to place the trannies on the second time...

brainbender

After a few months, I took my Kokbox from a shelf and played with it. Now it's "working", but the sound is very gated and it's very frizzly and fuzzy...  :-\
Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks! :)