News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion TriVibe Trouble

Started by carlinb17, January 25, 2021, 04:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlinb17

Howdy everyone, I'm a new user to this forum. I've build a couple dozen pedals and this one has me stumped. It's the AION TriVibe. All spec parts, I get power. I get sound both in bypass and on, I do not get modulation in any setting. The volume is about the same either way. I followed the audio signal path through the circuit and it is where it should be. I've swapped out the 13700 with a known working one with no additional changes. I've reflowed and reflowed. If anyone has any suggestions, or thoughts it would be appreciated.

LaceSensor

carlinb17

the external one does not, the internal one appears to grow brighter depending on the depth knob.

Bio77

The TL022 (IC3) is the LFO.  Check the voltages and parts around this one.  You should measure a varied voltage on  pin 1.  You can also substitute a new one if you have it. A TL062 will work here too if you don't have another 22. 

carlinb17

I changed out the 22 with a known working one and I still have no effect. here are my readings for IC3 with both pots at max

7.96 doesn't vary
4.3 goes down to 0

everything around it appears to be correct.

TeleCrunch

I have a working one of these, so I might be able to help. I can't tell from the pics - are you using a TL062 in the IC2 spot? I used a 4560. Also Aion uses that cool auxiliary switch board - is that wired correctly and with the power parts soldered in? Not sure the effect will work if the board isn't fully wired, but the bypass sound could.

My voltages at TL022 (pin 1-8, pots full up) are:
4.3 (slight fluctuation)
4.3 (slight fluctuation)
4.28 (slight fluctuation)
4.17 -4.45 (wide fluctuation)
No Squid Pro Quo