News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Making sure I understand the FatPants

Started by soonerrob, May 15, 2012, 02:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerrob

Hey all,

Building a FatPants and seeing some things for the first time and want to make sure I understand.

I see a +9v hookup, and also see the 18v markings... the pedal is powered by 9v correct? and the 18v comes from the 1044?

and therefore i need to make sure that all my caps are 25v or higher capacity correct?

any help is appreciated..

ty

soonerrob

Just noticed that i only have 16v caps for C7 and C4.. will this be a problem in these locations?

sirbergersworth

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

sgmezei

I would wait and replace them with higher voltage rated caps. General rule of thumb that I know of is to use double the voltage rating just in case. Most people around here, and noted on Beans build Doc's, use 25v or above.

I would save those two caps for a pedal that just runs nine volts. C7 the electrolytic will STINK! if you blow it and cause a mess. Not fun.

If all you need is those 2 caps, Post in the parts jar section of the forum with your location.

Happy Building!

soonerrob

Quote from: sgmezei on May 15, 2012, 03:57:09 AM
I would wait and replace them with higher voltage rated caps. General rule of thumb that I know of is to use double the voltage rating just in case. Most people around here, and noted on Beans build Doc's, use 25v or above.

I would save those two caps for a pedal that just runs nine volts. C7 the electrolytic will STINK! if you blow it and cause a mess. Not fun.

If all you need is those 2 caps, Post in the parts jar section of the forum with your location.

Happy Building!

Thanks sgmezei!

I have more caps on the way... ill swap them out.