News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii (Fuzz Factory) Order?

Started by tenwatt, June 22, 2012, 12:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

It is well know that the Fuzz Factory needs to be #1 in the chain.  Has anyone ever tried putting this pickup simulator in front of a Fuzz Factory circuit?  If so, how did it work for you.  If you haven't, does it seem reasonable that it might help the impedance problems that the Fuzz Factory experiences. 

http://www.muzique.com/lab/pickups.htm
Not too bright....

plesur

I'm waiting on a PCB for that pickup simulator circuit that I ordered from Laen's PCB Order.

The idea was to put it in front of pedals that have problems like wanting to be first in the chain or not working as expected with active pickups, e.g fuzz faces, range masters, Woolly Mammoths etc.

As I haven't got it yet, I can't report on success but I would be interested in other peoples experiences too. I'll report back after I've got it built.

tenwatt

Quote from: plesur on June 22, 2012, 01:17:25 PM
I'm waiting on a PCB for that pickup simulator circuit that I ordered from Laen's PCB Order.

The idea was to put it in front of pedals that have problems like wanting to be first in the chain or not working as expected with active pickups, e.g fuzz faces, range masters, Woolly Mammoths etc.

As I haven't got it yet, I can't report on success but I would be interested in other peoples experiences too. I'll report back after I've got it built.
Would you mind sharing your PCB or a link to what you used?
Not too bright....

LaceSensor

A simple imput impendance control could be tried.
This works well on the Woolly Mammoth when in a chain, and was implemented by Zachy on his Mastrotron pedal.
It might work for the Fuzz Factory, Im not sure, but its not that big of a deal to try it.

Heres a diagram

plesur

Here's a picture of my layout, it's a simple little circuit. I used Eagle to make it.

Like I said, I haven't tested it yet but it should work.

tenwatt

So I'm thinking about making this mostly internal with the exception of the single coil/humbucker switch.  I'm thinking I'll use a 25k trim pot.  Would this layout work?
Not too bright....