News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Leslie/Rotary Pedal Recommendation

Started by pryde, August 25, 2012, 02:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

So I want to get a Leslie sim pedal cause I just don't have one. I am not looking for a vibe, fast chorus, etc as I want something that does a fast and slow spin with ramp-up, etc.

I know of no DIY projects for such a pedal so I am willing to just buy a decent one at a decent price. The videos for the Tech 21 Roto Choir look pretty good and the ~$200 price is about right. I don't want to spend much more and don't want a huge H&K rotosphere type of pedal.

Anyone use a tech 21 roto choir? How about other similar pedals? Please gimmie your thoughts and recommendations. thanks fellow Beansters

jtn191

This RotoSIM sounds good to me. looks like it's out of production/ ~299

In that range it looks like it'd be Boss RT-20 vs the Tech 21.
One of the top of the line ones, the Strymon Lex Rotary, looks like it's a bit out of your price range.

I think one of my friends (who has really good taste in gear) has a Neo Ventilator

juansolo

I picked up a RotoSIM for exceptionally good money on eBay. It's rather excellent and does a really good impression of a Leslie.

The others that are supposedly the dogs bollocks are the Strymon Lex and the Neo Ventilator. BIG money for both (more than the RotoSIM).

A project I was going to do before snagging mine was to re-house a Behringer RM600 Rotary Machine. They can be picked up for peanuts. No idea if it's any good or not.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pryde

Yes that Rotosim sounds nice. That one I may consider, possibly an ebay score. The vids of the Behringer don't sound to promising. It sounds like a chorus pedal to me.
I would stretch my budget up some if need be.

jtn191

thought it was ironic GMD demoed this recently