News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Funny but...

Started by AllenM, January 08, 2013, 10:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

Funny but...  not so far from the truth these days :)

http://www.facebook.com/v/10151428843259073

also I had know idea how to post this video other than this so I hope this is ok and works..

AllenM

jeffaroo

Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

alanp

Yeah... any song where you can HEAR the auto-tune struggling to keep up is automatically bad, to my mind. Mind you, any singer who does that kareoke vibrato EeEeEeEeEeEeE on EVERY. SINGLE. SYLLABLE. is also awful, too. Or ones who always sing half a step flat, then lift to the right note every phrase to "sound dramatic"... Or singers who are incapable of shutting their gob for two seconds (mind you, then the "musician" on the laptop would have to learn how to play more than a simple drum beat and repetitive bassline in a hurry!)

I'm too picky.

But the video was entertaining!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

whitebread47

Saw this earlier on Facebook, thought it was funny. 

I think that approach only works with certain types of music, namely pop.  If you were to try and work that studio "magic" on, say, a traditional bluegrass or folk band, it would be exponentially taxing to the listener by comparison.

That said, I've used pitch correction when recording a buddy's song, but it was done manually and I ensured that it did not sound fake at all.  Mainly used it on long, held notes where the guy's voice would waiver a bit out of pitch.  Definitely didn't sound like T-Pain.  In fact, I played it back for him without telling him what I'd done (to see if he'd notice any weirdness) and he said, "Whoa, I don't remember doing that take so well."
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

jimijam

I think I just pee'd myself...too funny
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!