News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my 4 in one coming along nicely.

Started by danwelsh, March 13, 2013, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

okay, she's all done....i think i'll call it dragon's lunch or dragon's dinner...not sure which yet  :-\, sound clip tomorrow when i enter in the March contest....i never win anything, but i'll give it a go.

jimilee

No don't call it that, that's silly. Call it dragons breath. The build on the other hand is just ridiculous. You're silky not to enter it. If you think you do that ha en to top this one, you're wrong. We now need more! ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2013, 12:15:29 AM
No don't call it that, that's silly. Call it dragons breath. The build on the other hand is just ridiculous. You're silky not to enter it. If you think you do that ha en to top this one, you're wrong. We now need more! ;D

yeah, that's what i'll call it, thanks jimi lee.:)....more coming, gonna start a mkc tomorrow, and a honeydripper....when my parts get here.

hammerheadmusicman

BEAST! that's awesome dude, does your amp sound like it's breathing fire if you have all four on at once?

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Quote from: danwelsh on March 21, 2013, 12:17:32 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2013, 12:15:29 AM

yeah, that's what i'll call it, thanks jimi lee.:)....more coming, gonna start a mkc tomorrow, and a honeydripper....when my parts get here.
Cool then, I was just being silly. I can't wait to hear it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on March 21, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
BEAST! that's awesome dude, does your amp sound like it's breathing fire if you have all four on at once?

George

pretty much.....i find it too much with all four., it's good individually or in 3, the r2g2 and the big muff pi don't go together too well, but the others do especially bmp, thunderpuss, and zero point micro. The r2g2 has way more boost than the other circuits for some reason, but that's okay and i really enjoyed building it.

hammerheadmusicman

that's really cool dude, i love it when i big idea and long build work out :)
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

fendman

It looks absolutely great, I am impressed with your build. It takes a lot off thought to get something like this on the road, You are the man Dan :D

Congrats
Mike

danwelsh

Thanks alot guys.....i really enjoy making these, i'm hooked at building them now  ;D

danwelsh

soundclip: the effects in order are clean(no effect) fuzz, boost, delay(without chorus mod), delay(with chorus mod), then distortion....please excuse my playing i'm a bit rusty...played with a gibson lp studio with p90s and a marshall 30fx on setting as clean as i could get it.All effects were at half of everthing other than delay which i had everything at max.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/daniel-welsh1977/my-4-in-1-pedal-build[/soundcloud]

Rip57

That is work of art, inside AND out. I love what you came up with. It inspires the hell out of me. You just set the bar real high.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

danwelsh

Quote from: Rip57 on March 22, 2013, 02:19:02 AM
That is work of art, inside AND out. I love what you came up with. It inspires the hell out of me. You just set the bar real high.

Thanks a million Rip57...it was great fun and my 3rd build(well if you add the 4, i guess it would be 7th one)...i think i've found my calling with building pedals, i've been into electronics since i was a little kid and just a fluke i googled one day about 2 months ago how to build an effects pedal and came across mammoth kits, which led me to guitarpcb, which led me to madbeanpedals, it is truly enjoyable. ;D