News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass Behemoth Overdrive

Started by jimilee, June 24, 2013, 05:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is a production Bass Behemoth Overdrive from grind customs modded for bass. The level of difficulty was probably moderate because I was only working from a schematic, which I've never done before. It is an overdrive with a built in boost. It has lots of gain and doesn't break up or get muddy. This is my third attempt at enviro and came out better than the first 2 I think. Enjoy!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/behemoth-overdrive[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

knobs! knobs for eyes!

happy birthday, by the way, old man. ;)

DutchMF

Jimi, you have damn good taste in graphics, and your building/finishing Fu is increasing with every Build Report you give us, if MB ever starts handing out MVP awards......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

bcalla

Beautiful.  Sounds great, too!

How do you like working with enviro, have you switched to that from now on?

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on June 24, 2013, 08:58:16 PM
Beautiful.  Sounds great, too!

How do you like working with enviro, have you switched to that from now on?
I like the enviro, I wouldn't say I;ve switched from now on. It's something I like the look of and have been working on perfecting. I have several more mediums I would like to try and my daughter loves doing them too!
Quote from: DutchMF on June 24, 2013, 08:17:00 PM
Jimi, you have damn good taste in graphics, and your building/finishing Fu is increasing with every Build Report you give us, if MB ever starts handing out MVP awards......

Paul
Thank you for your kind words. I put some effort into all the wires in this one for sure.
Quote from: midwayfair on June 24, 2013, 06:24:43 PM
knobs! knobs for eyes!

happy birthday, by the way, old man. ;)
Thank you Jon. I didn't realize I bought silver top knobs, I thought they were gold. i like the looks of these though, they're the Tayda Marshall knobs. And thanks for the birthday wished also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ludo15

Sounds Great!
Love the enviro, make the colors pop.

billstein

Nice build Jimi. You're becoming one of the pros.

GrindCustoms

Great job bro! Glad that you nailed it ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

raulduke

Nice build Jimi.

The graphics look great.

eldanko

Your graphics are getting to be quite fantastic.

And yes, as Jon pointed out, the knobs-as-googly-eyes thing can't be unseen... ;)
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jimilee

Had rehearsal tonight,this beast kicked the blues breaker off the pedal board,it's truly a beast on bass,but it's not too distorted and the boost is riteous! Thanks again Rej!