News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

making a test rig question

Started by danwelsh, December 09, 2013, 07:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys. So I'm making a test rig but I don't have an extra 3 PDT stomp switch.....what I do have is a on/off/on toggle switch that has 6 pins. Could someone help me and tell me how the heck I would wire this up for my test box? Thanks in advance :)

rullywowr

No problem. You can use a Dpdt to do wiring but just without an LED. You could add an LED using the millenium bypass.

Just look at madbean standard wiring diagrams. You can use the 3pdt one just ignore the last collumn with the LED.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

danwelsh

Quote from: rullywowr on December 09, 2013, 08:13:45 PM
No problem. You can use a Dpdt to do wiring but just without an LED. You could add an LED using the millenium bypass.

Just look at madbean standard wiring diagrams. You can use the 3pdt one just ignore the last collumn with the LED.
Okay so looking at the standard wiring diagram I would ignore the first 3 pins and just use the ground with the dpdt on pin number 3? All the rest would be wired the same as the standard?

GermanCdn

In and out on the middle lugs, jumper the bottom set of lugs, board in and out on the top set and you're good.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

danwelsh

Quote from: GermanCdn on December 09, 2013, 08:39:36 PM
In and out on the middle lugs, jumper the bottom set of lugs, board in and out on the top set and you're good.

Thanks a million

danwelsh

Quote from: GermanCdn on December 09, 2013, 08:39:36 PM

So what would I use for my ground?

danwelsh

Will a dpst switch work....just found out my dpdt is broken

GermanCdn

PM me your address and I'll send you a PIF 3PDT stomp.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

danwelsh

Quote from: GermanCdn on December 09, 2013, 10:22:17 PM
PM me your address and I'll send you a PIF 3PDT stomp.
Thanks for the generous offer but I gotta order parts from tayda for my next build anyways so ill just order a few extras :)

UPDATE- I found 5 3 PDT switches I hid on myself and forgot I had. Lol