News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Banana! & Blank Canvas

Started by juansolo, January 29, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Banana!

Built on a THN Technik board fabbed by Haberdasher. Really good distortion this one. I'm surprised it's not built more. Why minions? Why Reezafratzitz...?

This one came about because Martin snagged mine when he borrowed it to give it a go (I never did get around to reversing the mid pot on that). So I needed to make another for me. No problem I think to myself, I'll make my life easier this time by sticking it in a bigger box. This has resulted in one of my ugliest wiring jobs in ages. I've no idea quite how I managed it, but there it is. All the pots work the right way this time though.

Blank Canvas

Another SHO built on a Grind Customs FX SuperFET PCB (cheers Rej!) for Bucketshred of the BKP forum. He's going to have an arty mate of his decorate this so specifically asked for a plain white box.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

Haberdasher

is that an inverted IC on at banana?  who is the dumbass who etched your pcb backwards? ;D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

juansolo

It is ;) When Martin took mine I thought, how hard can it be making it mirrored (as Cleggy has the other one that's the right way around). It's a bit confusing it has to be said. Wait until you see the A1-SP... We trashed one of the reversed boards trying to make that work, but the other is working fine. Actually we have some mods to the PS-1A that make it a bit better, but I'll post them when I put that one up.

it is a bit tense dead bugging the ICs though.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

Love the decal, as always. Also, if my wiring was that tidy I would be very content!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

Quote from: juansolo on January 29, 2014, 07:12:29 PM
It is ;) When Martin took mine I thought, how hard can it be making it mirrored (as Cleggy has the other one that's the right way around). It's a bit confusing it has to be said. Wait until you see the A1-SP... We trashed one of the reversed boards trying to make that work, but the other is working fine. Actually we have some mods to the PS-1A that make it a bit better, but I'll post them when I put that one up.

it is a bit tense dead bugging the ICs though.
haha, cool.  i figured you'd put them to good use, I know I would have. :)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Cool stuff. I've been tempted to do a Reeza layout.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

Nice stuff, as usual, Juanny Boy.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects