News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Switch & Pharoian

Started by juansolo, February 01, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Switch
Around 5 years or so ago I started this hobby with a BYOC kit and it seems I've come full circle. An amp switcher with all the options. We wanted one to test out some things and this seemed to be about the most comprehensive one out there.

The only changes we've made are some part subs to suit our current sensibilities.

Pharoian
Cleggy's Pharoian (Blackarts Pharoah Fuzz clone). He made the board and wimped out when it came to fitting it, so that came down to me. Even neater than mine, even though it was a ballache to do I'm really pleased with the results.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bcalla

As per the rest of your work - neater than hell inside and amazing graphics outside!

m-Kresol

As usual, amazing work.
As for the Pharoian, I'm still trying to figure out where the 4th pot is hooked up to on the board, I can only find 3 pots on the pcb. Also the clipping switch diode position kind of confuses me...  :-[
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

The hi pot is connected to R19. The 2nd set of clippers are an on/off/on as per the original pedal with async set of germ diodes on one side and a pair of silicons on the other. The other switch changes the input resistor. We do it by adding another in parallel which is slightly different to the original pedal. Result is near as damnit the same though.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pietro_moog

hoodoo

I almost bought a real pharoah, cheap recently, until i saw a gut shot  :P They sound great , but they should get you and cleggy to build them.  :)