News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity help

Started by djroge1, March 18, 2011, 04:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djroge1

I have this pedal and I have it about completed but I cannot get it to work.

First, the page with the parts did not have a diagram of the switch. I've tried two different configurations but neither one seemed to make a difference. First I tried based on the diagram from the Double Flush pedal. Next I tried one someone posted here called Pandadandan method. On the first one the Led was brighter, but on the 2nd one at one point I could hear my guitar in bypass but there was a loud ground hum.

Second, where is a great shot of the jacks? Which is the ring, tip, and sleeve?

Even in my amp building projects I get turned around about the input jacks.

jkokura

Hey man,

It sounds like you've got quite a few problems going on there. Take some time linked below about how to get tech help and then also some tips on how to debug your pedal (make it work right).

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

At first guess, it sounds to me that you have to learn how to wire your pedal right. Here's a thread about some wiring diagrams. As for how to tell which lug is which on your jack, you need to learn how to do that, because without a picture of your jacks, I can't tell you which lug is which. You can usually tell by inserting a plug into the jack and seeing which lug connects to the tip, the ring, and the sleeve of the plug. Take some time and read up on some basic building skills.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=707.0

We'll get you working, but it will go better if you become familiar with some basic concepts found above. Also, in a couple weeks there will be a General Build Tutorial that will show you a lot of basic skills.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

djroge1

Thanks I'll read up on those links.

I've built a BYOC pedal but the instructions were well written and easy to follow.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: djroge1 on March 19, 2011, 01:39:26 PM
I've built a BYOC pedal but the instructions were well written and easy to follow.

Yes that can make all the difference. I too started with BYOC and refer back to those documents when confused about wiring or simple things like that.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tenwatt

Also, Brian updated the Serendipity page to include a wiring diagram that may help you.
Not too bright....