Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Replace DC jack

Started by jetblackelectrics, May 05, 2014, 09:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetblackelectrics

Hi guys.

Kind of a silly question

I found a Behringer MIC100 at a yardsale, but the PSU is missing, and my regular plugs for my pedals dont fit.

Can i just change the jack to one of the regular pedal ones? 2,1 mm?

The power is the same.

Hope you can help me, the replacement Behringer PSU costs roughly the same as a new unit.

Kind regards
/Andreas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jubal81

No problem doing that. You just have to be sure about the polarity before you plug it in. Check the power connections on the board and use a DMM for a continuity checker to see which is ground.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

RobA

Quote from: jetblackelectrics on May 05, 2014, 09:39:37 AM
Hi guys.

Kind of a silly question

I found a Behringer MIC100 at a yardsale, but the PSU is missing, and my regular plugs for my pedals dont fit.

Can i just change the jack to one of the regular pedal ones? 2,1 mm?

The power is the same.

Hope you can help me, the replacement Behringer PSU costs roughly the same as a new unit.

Kind regards
/Andreas
This guy?
It is 9V but it's an AC input. It also draws 1.3A. So a normal pedal 9V DC supply won't work.

Edit: You can most likely get an AC supply to work with this at Mouser, but you will need to figure out the plug size it requires.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Govmnt_Lacky

If it "looks" like the common pedal DC jack, then it is most likely a 2.5mm ID/5.5mm OD jack. The center pin is a little bigger which is why your 2.1mm ID plug will not fit.

This is the same jack used on the Digitech XP series pedals (I know  ::))

There is a power supply that will work with this (if I am correct) It is the Digitech PS0913B. 9VAC @ 1.3A  Check that one out and see if its good for you!  8)

jetblackelectrics

Exactly that guy :-)

Looks like i have to shop for a replacement powersupply.

Thanks alot guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk