News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

should i use usps or fedex for shipping to canada

Started by danwelsh, September 16, 2014, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys....just about to place a fairly large order with tubedepot and wondering if i should choose usps or fedex. The order is around $150, it's 20 to have it shipped usps and delivered in 7-10 business days or 27 to have it shipped through fedex.....i'd like to go fedex but don't want to get nailed with unseen fees and then again i'm going to get nailed with duty at the post office, anyone have any suggestions?

GermanCdn

Go USPS, on $150 I'd be surprised if CP even collected anything.  Fedex will be brokerage $$$ (last pickup I had shipped up was something like $17 in brokerage and $5 in GST, which made it cheaper to actually buy it locally).

The last dozen things I've had shipped USPS from the states have been pretty quick.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

danwelsh

Quote from: GermanCdn on September 16, 2014, 10:08:10 PM
Go USPS, on $150 I'd be surprised if CP even collected anything.  Fedex will be brokerage $$$ (last pickup I had shipped up was something like $17 in brokerage and $5 in GST, which made it cheaper to actually buy it locally).

The last dozen things I've had shipped USPS from the states have been pretty quick.

okay man, thanks for the fast response

davent

Always USPS from the states unless dealing with Digikey where $8 gets you overnight delivery from whichever flavour of courier they're currently using and absolutely no doorside surprises.

Mouser i go with the $8 USPS shipping and my orders have been taking 7-10 days and again no doorside ransoms to pay.

(And both have free shipping over $200)

Are you getting any of that Tefzel wire tTube Depot sell, looks interesting.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

danwelsh

Quote from: davent on September 16, 2014, 10:49:05 PM
Always USPS from the states unless dealing with Digikey where $8 gets you overnight delivery from whichever flavour of courier they're currently using and absolutely no doorside surprises.

Mouser i go with the $8 USPS shipping and my orders have been taking 7-10 days and again no doorside ransoms to pay.

(And both have free shipping over $200)

Are you getting any of that Tefzel wire tTube Depot sell, looks interesting.
dave

I'm buying everything i need from them wire included.....i'm getting the trannies next pay but have sourced everything else except the chassis of course which is coming from bridgewater, i'm actually going to be building the jtm45+ and going to build my own head cabinet as well.....i'm sucking up the 44.95 and getting the faceplate and backplate too lol :)

PS- since i posted this my cart is now 200 not 150 lol