News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris grounding Issue

Started by abelovesfun, December 16, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelovesfun

Hello,
I have built a slow loris and it is mostly working, but not 100%. Clean bypass works, and one of the distortion modes works. In diode 4,5 (1N914) mode, I get distortion and everything works. But when i flip the switch to select LED mode, the entire circuit grounds out. I am listening via a probe, and I can hear distorted signal on one side of each of the 1N914 diodes, and on both sides of each LED.
Other notes:
I believe it is the 1n914 circuit working and not the LED circuit because the LEDs don't light up with signal present.
I have switched-out the switch and there is no issue there.
I am using the small bear 3pdt switch pcb.

Any clues?
Thanks!

Has anyone else had this issue - can anyone point me in the right direction?

mgwhit

One of your diodes is probably shorted.  Testing those components in that part of the circuit is tricky, but should be doable.  Disconnect power from the board, set your multimeter to test for continuity and test across each diode.  Continuity indicates a shorted diode in that pair.  Did you include C14?  If so, test for continuity across it, too.

If your multimeter's continuity test shows diode forward voltage, check that, too.  The 1n914s should give about 0.62V and my 5mm red LEDs give 1.7V.

Also, when testing the LEDs, if you have your red lead on the anode and the black lead on the cathode, that LED should light up.  If you reverse the leads, the other LED in the pair will light up.

Good luck!