News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2-in-1: Big Muffaletta Machine

Started by mcasemo, January 29, 2015, 02:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

Here is my next 2-in-1 completed octagon, trying not to waste all the space.  A zvex machine feeding into a Big Muff Pi V3/V6 (trying to get a J. Mascis version after reading the kitrae interview).  Zvex is supposed to pair with fuzz, will cut through it.  Its pretty gnarly sounding by itself.  Muffaletta is a New Orleans Italian sandwich, so i have a machine grinding one up.  The teeth of the grinders are little pi symbols.  So much fun to put stupid things on pedals.

One day I'll get obsessive about clean wiring, not there yet obviously. 

Luke51411

Nice! Love the octagons! Where do you get those from?

mcasemo

Thanks!.  They are Hammond enclosures, you can get them from mouser bare or painted.  Search for 1590STPC, be careful the pictures don't always match the color.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=1590STPC

SmoothAction

Love it! Everything about that is delish. Rockin' the octagon. The graphic is clean dude! Awesome work.

billstein

Hogharry

Brilliant graphic. The Pi symbols must have taken some patience, but well worth it for the result.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

bcalla

Looks great!  In the northeast, Italian sandwiches are called grinders.  Fits the theme...

pryde

So cool, nice job

I love Muffalettas. Haven't had an authentic one in years.

nzCdog

oh yeah! epic illustration and finishing 8)

raulduke