News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap Tempo Cardinal

Started by m-Kresol, March 28, 2016, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Easily one of the best etches I've ever seen. So much work scratching the paint off! So worth it.

m-Kresol

Thanks guys!

Quote from: midwayfair on March 28, 2016, 07:52:05 PM
I must say I'm surprised you put the rate knob external instead of the volume, though. I can't remember the last time I actually used the rate knob on a TAPLFO pedal!

Now that you mention it, that's a really good point. Doh!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

29palms

very cool etch and build Felix.

After seeing this and Cody's recent build I'm starting to wonder if green shag carpet might be the secret to success!  :D

George

That is an absolutely smoking etch. Unbelievably good. The graphic is also very amusing.

I must say I'm surprised you put the rate knob external instead of the volume, though. I can't remember the last time I actually used the rate knob on a TAPLFO pedal!

Quote from: George on March 28, 2016, 05:44:35 PMAlso where i can but the pcb for the Tap tempo Cardinal tremolo in 1776 i found only v2 cardinal and no sign of tap tempo (excuse me if i missed something)?

It's my PCB that I finished before 1776's release of the analog version. It was a very limited run from a group buy (there were only 50 available), and I don't do reprints of my PCBs.

A few people did get two, so you might put a WTB up if anyone has an extra. (I also had a couple extra but they're reserved for PIFs.)

thanks for the reply man :)

hylandren

As has already been said, one of the better enclosure etches I have ever seen...
A couple of questions, if i may:
1. What graphics program did you use for layout the enclosure art?
2. How did you get the text to wrap around the scale graphs for each control knob so perfectly?  I have wanted to do that for a while but several attempts to get it to wrap like that looked terrible.

m-Kresol

Quote from: hylandren on March 29, 2016, 12:22:59 PM
As has already been said, one of the better enclosure etches I have ever seen...
A couple of questions, if i may:
1. What graphics program did you use for layout the enclosure art?
2. How did you get the text to wrap around the scale graphs for each control knob so perfectly?  I have wanted to do that for a while but several attempts to get it to wrap like that looked terrible.

I used GIMP for the graphics and used the 'path' tool for the text. You need to make a path (I made a lot of points in the path to get the curvature, following the circle above and then shifting the whole thing downwards at the end), then make the text follow the path and fill it with a colour. I had to redo it a few times to get the path length correct for each word so that the letter spacing would be uniform for all of them.
Pretty tedious procedure, but you can find tutorials easily by Dr. google. My guess would be that gimp is not the ideal program for that purpose, but I haven't tried inkscape yet, so I stuck with gimp.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

storyboardist

Fantastic work! Love the graphics and the knobs go great with the etch.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

flanagan0718

This is what I was planning on doing with on of my boards. The rate does seem pointless due to the tap function.

m-Kresol

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 29, 2016, 06:57:33 PM

This is what I was planning on doing with on of my boards. The rate does seem pointless due to the tap function.

Yep, I had a bit of brainfart as it seems concerning this. I made a list with parts to socket and what goes internal and external, but this never crossed my mind  ??? ???

midwayfair

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 29, 2016, 07:27:43 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 29, 2016, 06:57:33 PM

Yep, I had a bit of brainfart as it seems concerning this. I made a list with parts to socket and what goes internal and external, but this never crossed my mind  ??? ???

In all seriousness, this is your pedal ... if it becomes an issue, you can just swap out the pots and it'll be your little secret. Or employ some dual concentric pots!