News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Largest hammond style enclosure?

Started by Willybomb, June 05, 2016, 03:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Someone posted a massive multi they'd build a while ago, and according to the dimensions they posted, it was the size of an A4 sheet of paper, around 21 x 29cm.  Anyone know where I could find a beast like this?  Can't seem to find the original post.. might have been lost in the great crash.

Stomptown

I'm pretty sure the largest is the Hammond 1550J at 27.5 x 17.5 cm.  Here we is a link to all the 1550 enclosures (not to be confused with 1590) for future reference. 
http://www.hammondmfg.com/1550.htm

You should be able to grab one from Mouser.

Jon

alanp

Hammond's sheet steel/alu enclosures are also very good -- I've used them for a couple big projects, they're reasonably sturdy.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

flanagan0718

DMinner and I did the Mission control. That was pretty large. It was a 1550g.  But you might be talking about one of the contest entry builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matmosphere

There was a monstrously huge multi in the contest. Might have been lost in the great crash. Pretty sure It was in a two part folded steel enclosure.

jposega

I've actually been looking at this myself, as I'm planning to ditch my current board and build a multi.

JC103

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 05, 2016, 06:53:26 PM
There was a monstrously huge multi in the contest. Might have been lost in the great crash. Pretty sure It was in a two part folded steel enclosure.

That was probably the build that landed @lumpylipton 3rd prize in the BOTY contest. You can check it out in this thread:http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21491.0
(the pics are still there)

I had him build it for me to solve a Pink Floyd tone quest that I've been on for years. The size of the Hammond enclosure we used is 11x20 inches. There are smaller sizes but the gauge changes below the 11x17 model and some people on the internet thought it may be too flimsy to stomp on. There were some mods we did after the fact when I decided the pair of Klons did not do any of the Gilmour stuff justice. I eventually settled on a Fatpants 2013 etch by Haberdasher (to run the 1776 multiplex through) and the Demeter Comp built on Rullywow's pcb. The comp still needs to be installed, when it is, the box will be officialy finished. Feel free to PM me with any questions on the multi. I've been meaning to write a proper build thread after the big crash wiped it off the map. A multi of this size has its pros and cons, but with careful planning can be the stuff of dreams.

Hammond link to the 10 degree sloped enclosures:
http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16.htm

I've since been in touch with Hammond and they will paint the unit a different color with the minimum purchase of 10 units. Could be the start of a group buy. I'll need another one for upcoming projects in 2017.

Willybomb

No, it wasn't that one in the comp. definitely was Hammond style, if not an actual Hammond.

Aristatertotle

Do you mean Droogie's 9 ways to Sunday build will all of the g boards? That was in a 1550j.

Willybomb

That might have been it (I did ask about the size of the enclosure in that one), but I'm certain it was bigger...

Stomptown

Quote from: Willybomb on June 06, 2016, 01:03:11 PM
That might have been it (I did ask about the size of the enclosure in that one), but I'm certain it was bigger...

Unfortunately, that's as big as they come.

Willybomb

Yeah, that's what I've found so I'm trying to work out where I saw the original project.  I may have the dimensions wrong.