Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Wave

Started by pickdropper, July 23, 2017, 09:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Totally beautiful. Awesome build.

wgc

Very cool!  fantastic etch, didn't realize how much I missed access to a laser until just now.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Quote from: EBK on July 24, 2017, 02:55:24 PM
For the acrylic, would the switches and knobs be mounted only to the underlying enclosure and not physically touching the acrylic (due to carefully oversized holes)?  Wondering about cracking....

The hardware mounts to aluminum enclosure from the bottom and the acrylic plate from the top.  You'd have to really over tighten to crack the acrylic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

Wow!  Most impressive build, congrats Dave  :)

Philthy

flanagan0718

We haven't seen a build from you in a while...glad to see you're still SLAYING IT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peAk

Wow!

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said.

Beautiful

Boba7

Fantastic, amazing, beautiful, great great job!!

Coda-effects

Wow, just wow!
Amazing as usual.

pickdropper

Thanks for the kind words.  I really appreciate it.
Function f(x)

gordo

Anyone else totally in awe of the tiny bits of heat shrink managing the wire runs?  Silly attention to detail.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Quote from: gordo on July 28, 2017, 01:20:51 AM
Anyone else totally in awe of the tiny bits of heat shrink managing the wire runs?  Silly attention to detail.
Yes!  At first glance, I even thought the gut pic was pre-wiring.  Very neat and tidy. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

PhiloB

Amazing all around.  That reverse etch really caught my eye!  Where Doug you buy your pieces of acrylic and do you recommend a particular thickness?

pickdropper

Quote from: PhiloB on July 29, 2017, 04:33:11 AM
Amazing all around.  That reverse etch really caught my eye!  Where Doug you buy your pieces of acrylic and do you recommend a particular thickness?

I usually get them from either McMaster Carr or Delvie's Plastics.  You'll want to use 1/16" thick acrylic.  Anything thicker than that and you won't be able to screw down the nut on the potentiometers.  Even with 1/16", you can't use 9mm pots, but 16mm pots will work fine. 
Function f(x)