News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

T-Bagger - no sound & strange voltage readings

Started by rockprocess, October 08, 2011, 08:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockprocess

I'm having trouble with my T-bagger build.  The pedal makes no sound when hooked straight up bypassing any kind of switching.  Voltages are as follows:  Pin 1 - 8.98 volts, Pin 2 - 8.97v. 3 - 8.59. 4 - 0, 5 - 8.47, pin6 - 8.79v, 7 - 8.83 and pin 8 - 9.58.  This is all powered from a 9 volt. 

In another post, the expected voltages were as follows: "You should also take some voltage readings on your IC after doing all that. You should get about 4.5v on pins 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7, 0v on pin 4, 9v on pin8, and something around 3v on pin3. Any one of these that is significantly off is an indicator of an additional problem."

Anybody know why my voltages would be so high and if that would kill the output?

jkokura

4 times out of 5 the issue is a solder bridge in these circumstances. The other times it will likely be a wrong or backwards part.

I recommend you work through your build checking and rechecking the correct value and orientation of your parts, then closely inspect and resolder any suspect solder joints.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rockprocess

I went back and touched up all the solder joints and changed out the IC chip.  I think I might have used a bad one.  Thanks for the tips!!!