News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

More workstation pics

Started by Ekimneets, October 18, 2018, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

I have a Particular distaste for stereo microscope's. I used to be on one of those eight hours today five days a week for a couple years and you get really sick of them.

I like mine hooked up to the monitor just fine.

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Leevibe

Quote from: mjg on October 19, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
I've got a USB microscope sitting on the shelf that we use for 'science' type stuff.  School projects mainly. Or just getting grossed out looking at body parts at high magnification. 

Have to say I'd not even thought of using it with electronics.  I'll have to give it a try.

I've been tempted to spring for one of those with the thought they could be useful for pedal building. Let me know if it's good enough resolution to be worth it. I guess I assumed maybe they weren't that great because they're so cheap but then again we're not talking about using them for gene splicing work.

Ekimneets

Lee, here are a few pics. 

You guess what it is.

The microscope is 1080 in the monitor 720.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

Leevibe

That's pretty cool. Fun looking inside those old diodes. I was thinking about the cheap I $30 ones. I don't think I could get away with the $200. Especially since my magnifier lamp works great.  ;D

Ekimneets

Gordo,

I missed your comment earlier. Sick oh yes I'm a very sick and twisted individual.

Too bad I have to dismantle it here in the next couple weeks as I'm going to be moving. I guess that's the old glass half empty half full thing.

I guess somethings are not going to be as nice but I can make other things better than they are now.

Not pictured and all dad are some regular part storage bins and some shelving where I keep the builds in the queue.

Are you some plastic lunch containers think of it like a small cafeteria tray to keep all the parts that go to one build altogether.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone

Ekimneets

No doubt there's some cost to it. However when I first started out I was having a lot of trouble soldering and so I got the microscope later on I found out I'm just old and needed readers.

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone