News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Matching JFets for first time

Started by Aentons, December 31, 2020, 05:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Ok, I figured it out... out of frustration I started pushing on the opamp in different sideways directions and finally got a reading. So I measured power directly on both the opamp legs at the same time and got nothing.  The opamp power legs were not making contact with the breadboard. I spread the legs out and added some kinks and it's fine now. Totally lame...

Aentons

Thanks for your help Jacob and Jimi!

Screenshot is attached of how it turned out. They matched a lot closer than I thought they would. All within -1.21 to -1.51v range

Aentons

Here is the distribution. Looks like there might be some matches in there.

jimilee

Nicely done. Those all measure relatively low, where did you source them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on January 02, 2021, 03:19:31 PM

I got them from Mouser recently. They are pretty much right in the middle of the range stated in the datasheet which is -0.5 to -3.0v.

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on January 02, 2021, 03:29:57 PM
Quote from: jimilee on January 02, 2021, 03:19:31 PM

I got them from Mouser recently. They are pretty much right in the middle of the range stated in the datasheet which is -0.5 to -3.0v.
Oh yeah, they're definitely in spec. I was thinking for phasers, that's just where my mind goes. You should have some good ones for a VFE bumblebee in there.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Yep, Hopefully I'll be good for the bumblebee. The goal was mainly to get vgs off matches for the tractor beam and other future phasers but I'm not really sure if it's good/bad to have high/low values. All I know is that I've read that the lfo sweep turn-around strength is good if they match to +/- 0.02v

Aentons

Here are some other randoms from other sources that I measured.

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on January 02, 2021, 04:10:12 PM
Yep, Hopefully I'll be good for the bumblebee. The goal was mainly to get vgs off matches for the tractor beam and other future phasers but I'm not really sure if it's good/bad to have high/low values. All I know is that I've read that the lfo sweep turn-around strength is good if they match to +/- 0.02v
That's about what I look for. The tractor beam is a great phaser build. I like the reverse setting.

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on January 02, 2021, 08:50:54 PM
That's about what I look for. The tractor beam is a great phaser build. I like the reverse setting.

I finally got the matched J113 set into my tractor beam and it sounds fantastic. The phasing is strong with this one :)

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on January 04, 2021, 02:54:24 PM
Quote from: jimilee on January 02, 2021, 08:50:54 PM

I finally got the matched J113 set into my tractor beam and it sounds fantastic. The phasing is strong with this one :)