News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sprout / One Knob Fuzz

Started by Loztboy, December 01, 2011, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loztboy

I did the volume "mod" with a 820 Ohm resistor instead of the 82R in R5.
I mounted the PCB on a 16mm PCB mount pot.
The enclosure is watersanded.
I did a mistake when I was going to write with my gold pen, I pushed it down and GOLD leaked all over the place. Instead of cleaning it up, I added more and smudged it around.
Then, as it dried I used a pencil to write FUZZ in the goldmess, when the gold was dry I painted over the pencil strokes with a silver pen.
I guess it turned out ok :)

Ettore_M

Quote from: Loztboy on December 01, 2011, 07:35:35 PM
I did the volume "mod" with a 820 Ohm resistor instead of the 82R in R5.
I mounted the PCB on a 16mm PCB mount pot.
The enclosure is watersanded.
I did a mistake when I was going to write with my gold pen, I pushed it down and GOLD leaked all over the place. Instead of cleaning it up, I added more and smudged it around.
Then, as it dried I used a pencil to write FUZZ in the goldmess, when the gold was dry I painted over the pencil strokes with a silver pen.
I guess it turned out ok :)

Nice one! I like the "goldmess". It did turn out ok!  ;) But if someday you want to make it look even better, the ink comes off easily with aceton (nail polish remover  ;)). At least, that worked on an old project of me..

And one question: what transistors did you use? And how do you like the pedal?
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Loztboy

I used the "stock" transistors BC108 and BC109.
I like the sound of it, it's "tick" and messy in a good way.
It will be mounted on my pedalboard, cant wait to crank it out on my '59 bassman 4x10 :D

TheCobbenator

Nice! I love 1590a builds!

So the 820r just chokes the max volume so you can crank the circuit?
I just got some 1590a's from Tayda today an gotta figure out what's going in them. I like my sprout (unboxed) but maybe this would make me like it more. Or enough to finally box it

Loztboy

The 820r gives you more overall volume.

jambforthelamb

LaceSensor

Just been inspired.

I also got some 1590A from Tayda (4 of them!)
Ive etched and populated a Zombie Chorus 1590A but I reckon something with 1 knob and no ICs on a tiny boad would be a safer first bet.

Will let you know how I get on.

nzCdog

Those 1590a do my head in!  nice build!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice!! I like your fuzz artwork on the outside.. :)
That looks like a sick ass one knob fuzz!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals