News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Windbag build

Started by gordo, August 05, 2022, 02:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I jumped all over Lawrence's LMS latest powdercoat color.  It's hard to get a realistic photo but it's a gold sparkle thru orange sparkle depending on where the light is.  I wondered how I'd approach it, either decal or laser, and the decal showed up very nicely

This is the VFE Yodeler/MB Windbag and I really like this pedal.  I build everything VFE since I'm both fascinated with the VFE stuff and addicted to building in general.  I'd have to say that this is in my top 5 of the VFE's.  Super cool for volume swells and ambiant/pad stuff.  A relaxing build, contrary to most VFE's, so kudos to MB.  I thought about torching a box cap just for old time sake but didn't.  If you've built any of the VFE series you'll understand.

Bone stock and added the mod switch although I may screw around with the sensitivity on this one since I see it being used mostly for swell type stuff. Got carried away with modular connections figuring it would be handy for troubleshooting but non involved.  Looks cool though.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

BricksnBeatles

Dang! that looks incredible mate!

That color is really something! I didn't realize it was a metallic–– would have grabbed one or two had I known

Bret608

Oh yeah that looks awesome! The build reports on this one have me intrigued for sure.

jimilee

That does look pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Very sweet build!  8) 

I lol-ed about the box caps.   It doesn't seem right not to have any tough to solder spots on the board. Are there any resisters under those ICs?  ;D

So, what are the other top 4?  I've got the Yodler in my queue, this definitely is increasing my excitement.

BryGuy

Looks great. Might have to give this one a try.

Aleph Null

I think the modular connectors were smart! Where'd you get them? Also, the enclosure looks great. The bold lettering and graphic contrast nicely with the sparkle.

Invertiguy

Oh man that color looks fantastic! I really wish I would've grabbed one while I had the chance, definitely gonna have to keep an eye out for their limited-edition drops in the future. Your graphics and choice of knobs work really well with it as well and makes for a super clean-looking build. Nice work!
Doomsday Devices

jjjimi84

That enclosure is pure fire, this build is really all around top shelf! Really great stuff gordo.

blackhatboojum

Sweet build.  I really dig that enclosure color
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

gordo

Thanks, I'm really digging both the color and the pedal.  I got the connectors from Tayda and got a bag of 100 of them with 8 or 9" leads for next to nothing.  Crappy wire but who cares, they're great.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Paradox916

Love the enclosure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaid63

Hey, new builder here. Can you tell me what program you're using for the waterslide graphics. Thx!