News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road rage wiring question

Started by TNblueshawk, April 19, 2012, 10:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I was curious about when you would use the extra 9v and ground pads? Bean has those two labeled "to PCB or additional DC jack"

I'm running the 18v version of the RR but when would one use the above additional pads? Juat lookimg for examples for ideas I guess.
John

alanp

I suppose if you were running two effects in one box it could be handy. It's always better to have options  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

You could hook them up to a DC OUTPUT jack and power another pedal that is close by on your board. Check that you have enough mA's before you start drilling in your pedal though.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

The idea there was if you are running two circuits in one box, one with the RR and one at 9v, the extra pads would be wired from the RR to the PCB using 9v. That way you do not have to double up on wires on the DC jack because those stupid things have really small holes on their lugs.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: madbean on April 19, 2012, 05:13:58 PM
The idea there was if you are running two circuits in one box, one with the RR and one at 9v, the extra pads would be wired from the RR to the PCB using 9v. That way you do not have to double up on wires on the DC jack because those stupid things have really small holes on their lugs.

Awesome. No kidding either. I have a heck of a time just getting 1 wire let alone 2 and God forbid 3. I have thought about using a solder lug you use on amps for grounding and then you have one big hole but figured that is overkill.

Thanks guys.
John