News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buzzsaw (GTR2)

Started by juansolo, July 26, 2012, 09:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

GTR2's Buzzsaw (Roland BeeBaa Fuzz) What a versatile fuzz. I could get it sounding just like a Fuzz Face, scoop the shit out of it for some great space rock tones, then just dial it in for a big wall of fuzz. All the time with a truly excellent vintage vibe. I love this thing!

Sadly I'd already pre-drilled this enclosure so I was unable to use his proto switch board on it as the stomp was too close to the bottom :( That'll get used in a couple of weeks now when I drill the next lot of boxes.

To the pics!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sgmezei

Nice dude. I can't believe how clean your graphics always look. And you make those cheap Tayda knobs look amazing!

juansolo

That one was a 'mare. I just couldn't find anything retro/space rock to fit in the gap at all. I love the pic I ended up using but a lot of it is still obscured, which is a shame :( I might edit it for the one I have to re-label as the envirotex was too thin on it and it lifted.

Those knobs are awesome. We found Rapid were about to stop stocking them (they've run out of the white pointer ones), so we have several bags of different colours. Probably about 200 knobs in all ;)

nzCdog

Quote from: sgmezei on July 26, 2012, 11:47:21 PM
Nice dude. I can't believe how clean your graphics always look. And you make those cheap Tayda knobs look amazing!
Plus... your pics always look like you photographed them using a chimera soft light or something??
Epicly clean, nice job as usual :)

juansolo

It's a light tent with just my a desk lamp and the flash firing through the top of it ;)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-soft-lighting-studio-38260

Even though that picture shows it upside down for some reason...

Om_Audio

Clean build, very nice. Lets hear it!
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

raulduke

Nice build dude.

I'm kind of curious about this circuit too; its not something I'm overly familar with.

A Demo would be great  ;)

LaceSensor

Bee baa fuzzes sound awesome. I made 3 of these baby style ones for me and two mates.

Highly recommended

pickdropper

Looks great as always.  Nice and clean on the inside.

I got one of these boards as a PIF.  I really need to build it up soon.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer