Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first ever etch!

Started by murdog47, August 05, 2012, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

I'm really happy how this turned out! Let me know what you think  ;D

irmcdermott

Looks good for a first etch! There's some pads that look really close together, so just check for continuity between ones that shouldn't be connected and break them with an blade before you begin to save headaches later. Awesome job!

murdog47

Yep, there were a couple spots I had to touch up because they were bridging.  Does the transfer blob out like that from to much heat when transferring? I used the magazine paper toner transfer with an iron method.

irmcdermott

When I was using magazine paper I had that happen. I also think (but can't prove) that before the toner really adheres to the copper, moving the iron back and forth may slightly move the paper and smear a little.

I usually set my heat a little less than 3/4, but I don't use magazine paper, i use this. it turns out to be less than $0.05 per sheet.

MattOcaster

Your first time should be always be special <3
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Oh yeah such a buzz when you etch that first bad boy, well done!
I've been using press n' peel blue lately, lovin it

njkke

My first etched pcb was a EA Tremolo...  I'll always remember my first time!   ;D

bigrigg

Nice job for the first etch.  I've had more than one go south.  It's very rewarding to now you made it yourself vs buying someone elses board.  That being said, it's also cool to buy a great quality board and populate the thing quickly.  More time to rock!

stecykmi

not bad! i suggest keeping the iron on it slightly less, maybe 20 - 30 seconds less time. I always aim for 2 mins, with small boards a little less and large boards a little more. i sometimes get similar results but it's not a big deal to get a board like this to work perfectly.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Now you gotta figure out how to choose which to do next with so many projects at your fingertips!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

murdog47

Used a different copy machine and they are coming out great now! I think it was the toner on the other machine.