News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel (CE-2000)

Started by Myramyd, December 11, 2010, 12:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myramyd

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share my Pork Barrel build. I don't have a gut shot as I built this for someone else and had to hurry and snap a photo on my way out the door with it. It was my first attempt at finishing and decals so I was happy with the turnout.

Sounds amazing (other than the last bit of clock noise I wasn't able to eliminate)!  :'(

J

[attachment deleted by admin]

CRBMoA

Awesome! Diggin' the Rat Shack knobs. Those are my knobs of choice for most customer builds.

gtr2

Quote from: Myramyd on December 11, 2010, 12:29:17 AM
I don't have a gut shot as I built this for someone else and had to hurry and snap a photo on my way out the door with it.

sure  ::)

just kidding, nice job!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

milkypostman

Myramyd

Thanks, yeah--I didn't have time for a gut shot before I gave it to its owner. If it comes back to me I will shoot one. I installed the board face down, so it wouldn't be much to look at anyway.

This was the most difficult build I've had so far (15th pedal build), although everything worked right the first time. Trying to troubleshoot the clock noise drove me crazy to where I finally gave up.

J

gtr2

what was your power source that you were using when you were troubleshooting the clock noise?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Myramyd

I tried 3 power sources:

1. New Duracell 9V battery
2. One Spot with nothing else on it
3. Furman SPB-8C Pedal Board Power Supply.

The noise was identical on all of them. For some reason it was loudest with my Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, quieter on my Marshall JVM410H, and non-existent on a small SS amp.

The guy I built it for has a Peavey 5150 that he plays with high gain, so I'm guessing he will hear it pretty good. But he's testing it this weekend to see how he does with it.

J

gtr2

Hmm, hopefully it works out.  Guess it's not the source of power anyways...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer