News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Andromeda 2.0

Started by pickdropper, June 08, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

After building the first Andromeda for somebody else, I promised myself I'd build one for me......eventually.  I've been chipping away at this one for months now, little bits here and there.

It's obviously similar to the first one, but there are a few changes:

1.)  I used a Screwdriver in place of the Lunar Module.  I also put in a muff with a switch to go between the two fuzzes.  Since the Screwdriver has three 100k pots in it, it was easy: I just used dual gang pots for those and wired them to the muff PCB.  The ALT switch changes the fuzz (and the bi-color LED).  This made the wiring a bit less pleasant than the first build.

2.)  Instead of a Phase 90, I decided to use brian's Stage Fright.  This was the last board ready (thanks bcalla for the 1MC pots), so I haven't played through it that much yet.  So far, it seems promising.

3.)  Asthetically, I added a bottom plate to this build and mounted the LEDs behind the plate.

4.)  I am sure this can't be seen, but the plates don't have paint backfilling them this time.  Instead of painting, I laser cut some stiff, white paper into a slightly smaller shape of each plate.  I think this looks a bit cleaner than the backfilled paint.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Brilliant idea on the fuzz.

It looks great.

Parra

this is how you upgrade an already amazing build... friggin awesome! That wiring is crazy.

Vallhagen

Wow... wow... so symmetric, so futuristic, so pro in detail. Wow.

I say it again:

Wow!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

bcalla

Beautiful work!  I love the plates.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wolfingsworth

Man, didn't know perfection could be improved on, but yet again you defy the laws of reality. I really like how the screwdriver and the muff are the same size board and snuggle up nicely together. Bravo!

wstimson

You, sir, are the worst.   >:(

Not really, of course... but damnit... quit raising the damn bar every two months.  ;D

Also, when are you going to have more through-hole Screwdriver boards?  I needs one!

jkokura

Brilliant Dave. Particularly liked the switchable screwdriver/muff modification.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stecykmi

Very impressive, well above the standard of many boutique pedals

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

slimtriggers

This is just mind blowingly good  :o

nzCdog

My eyes!  :o :o :o
Dazzled I am, truly impressive build Dave.  Always a treat to see your pedals

pryde