News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mad Bean Forum Tribute Screamer (PICTURES FIXED!!!)

Started by DutchMF, June 18, 2013, 12:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

jimilee

Nice! Yes yes an audio demo is in order I think
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Quote from: midwayfair on June 18, 2013, 07:45:26 PM
Did you try the BA100s instead of the OA126s? They have a smoother sound that would probably complement the TS better than the OA126 (which have a more ragged/angry breakup). They have approximately the same Fv, which is a little higher than the stock 1N4148s.

Yeah, I'll give those a shot, as well as some OA95's, like those a lot in a TS.... It is a Silver Vein enclosure, and I like it just as much as you, Midway! I hope colesbd is gonna do another run, maybe some BB's, I would buy a ton of them!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Vallhagen

Great skreamer, Paul! Inspires me to box up my greanbeanpcb i have in a drawer:)

Cheers
Bëngt

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

DutchMF

Quote from: Vallhagen on June 20, 2013, 12:44:06 PM
Great skreamer, Paul! Inspires me to box up my greanbeanpcb i have in a drawer:)

Cheers
Bëngt
Thanks! And you should definitely box that sucker up, such a great project! Never thought a circuit like this could have so many variables, everyone I build is different and cool.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Vallhagen

[/quote]
Thanks! And you should definitely box that sucker up, [/quote]

...and i definately will:)

cheerio
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

soldersqueeze

Oh my, yes! This is a real class act. My green bean with OA126 diodes is always on my board, and very nearly always turned on- makes everything after it sound better.
Lots of bonus points for the illuminated pot  :D

billstein

I think the Tube Screamer is still my favorite pedal. Yours looks great Dutch.