News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So... I sold a pedal to Chicago Iron......

Started by ch1naski, June 12, 2013, 03:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Well, they paid me what I was asking. And I'm grateful, because right now I really need the money. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to at least try to sell everything I've built, almost (that which has selling potential). Which means my favorites, the ones I use everyday, also. Times is hard, times is hard :-\
But there was no need for them to buy it, I took the ad down on the spot. They offered after to buy it. I explained that I wouldn't put it up for sale again, no need to worry.

When I did the enclosure, I hadn't planned on selling it. I really do like the circuit. That's why a did the Octavomit for my kid (same enclosure design,  except etched). I would never have used that design if I thought I would need to sell it.

Oh well. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

culturejam

I'm sure the guy isn't interested in selling a clone of the Shocktave. If he wanted to, he could just use Google for free and not have to buy yours. He was just making sure that a pedal with his trademark on it that wasn't built by him was off the market.

I know it's sort of a pain in the ass, but he's just doing what trademark holders have to do. It's nothing personal.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ch1naski

Quote from: culturejam on June 13, 2013, 01:10:46 AM
I'm sure the guy isn't interested in selling a clone of the Shocktave. If he wanted to, he could just use Google for free and not have to buy yours. He was just making sure that a pedal with his trademark on it that wasn't built by him was off the market.

I know it's sort of a pain in the ass, but he's just doing what trademark holders have to do. It's nothing personal.
He's got every right to want it off the market. I was in total error. It seemed like he'd not heard of the circuit before.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.

hoodoo

Then again, he might just be a good dude, who saw it for what it was and was trying to help a brother out, he didn't have to buy it after you said you'd take it down. After all, these pedal gurus all have to start somewhere, probably understands where you're coming from.  ;)

ch1naski

Yea could be . I tend to expect the worst from people, and am shocked when it's any different. Not exactly the best outlook, I know....;D

one louder.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: ch1naski on June 13, 2013, 04:13:25 AM
Yea could be . I tend to expect the worst from people, and am shocked when it's any different. Not exactly the best outlook, I know....;D

Similar to my outlook. Then I further justify it by saying if I bet $10 on this notion tens times I would make $80 profit.
John

icecycle66

Sounds like he's looking for someone to do hand build work for a special line.

rullywowr

Yeah, you should totally offer your services to him as a "contractual" employee!  You know how to improve the circuit and could design a better model for a flat rate or something.  They get a better version of the circuit and you get some $$$...win win!

Very interesting ordeal btw   ;D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!