Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombie Fuzz

Started by FuzzMonkey, January 25, 2011, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

Quote from: FuzzMonkey on January 26, 2011, 10:39:27 AM
Quote from: eniacmike on January 26, 2011, 09:36:06 AM

what kind of dc socket is that? how does it work without shorting to the case?

The DC socket is similar to this one:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=92

There is a piece of plastic card as seen in the gut shot on the inside, a plastic washer that you can hardly see on the outside and the the threaded part of the bush is wrapped in insulation tape. Had to use that DC socket rather than the plastic type due to space.

yeah I had a similar problem fitting the regular dc socket in my zombii but I just put it in there and hot glued it in place because I couldn't fit the retaining nut on.

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: Haberdasher on January 26, 2011, 01:04:52 PM
Hi FuzzMonkey.  That's a good job there.
Can you tell me if those kind of decals will adhere properly to textured paintjobs, or is that a bad idea?

thanks

I haven't tried personally but I would have to say no. They're more of a printable label/sticker than say a waterslide decal which with decal soften will adhere nicely to say a hammertone type texture. I hope that helps?

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: eniacmike on January 26, 2011, 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: FuzzMonkey on January 26, 2011, 10:39:27 AM
Quote from: eniacmike on January 26, 2011, 09:36:06 AM

what kind of dc socket is that? how does it work without shorting to the case?

The DC socket is similar to this one:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=92

There is a piece of plastic card as seen in the gut shot on the inside, a plastic washer that you can hardly see on the outside and the the threaded part of the bush is wrapped in insulation tape. Had to use that DC socket rather than the plastic type due to space.

yeah I had a similar problem fitting the regular dc socket in my zombii but I just put it in there and hot glued it in place because I couldn't fit the retaining nut on.

What transistors is your Zombii loaded with?

eniacmike

american semi-conductor 2nxxx. I can't remember the exact ones I used.
for the zombii it really doesn't matter what you throw in there. I threw all kinds of different hfe's in there and it still did the trick. just some of the settings required are slightly different to get the same sound.

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: eniacmike on January 27, 2011, 07:23:17 AM
american semi-conductor 2nxxx. I can't remember the exact ones I used.
for the zombii it really doesn't matter what you throw in there. I threw all kinds of different hfe's in there and it still did the trick. just some of the settings required are slightly different to get the same sound.

Cool!

PLAINCLOTHESMAN

just curious if you board mounted the pots, because i board mounted mine, and that style knob wouldn't fit.

madbean

There are some MXR style ones without the skirt that would fit a little more easily. I'll have to look to see where they can be bought. I used to get mine from Frys.

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: PLAINCLOTHESMAN on February 14, 2011, 02:35:28 PM
just curious if you board mounted the pots, because i board mounted mine, and that style knob wouldn't fit.

I had to space my out a little more. It was my intent to mount the PCB using the 9mm Alpha pots (which I still used in the end), just had to improvise by extending the legs on the pots a little.

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2011, 04:57:25 PM
There are some MXR style ones without the skirt that would fit a little more easily. I'll have to look to see where they can be bought. I used to get mine from Frys.

I did discover those once I was aware of the size issue. Live and learn I say!

nzCdog

FuzzMonkey

thatirishsob

The artwork is killer! I really like your results, but $22 for shipping for just 5 sheets of the decal paper is just to steep for me. I think I'll try laser water decals first.

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: thatirishsob on February 27, 2011, 06:31:16 PM
The artwork is killer! I really like your results, but $22 for shipping for just 5 sheets of the decal paper is just to steep for me. I think I'll try laser water decals first.

I can understand that. They do go a long way, if you don't make too many mistake when trying to print them.