News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiplex Jr.

Started by slimtriggers, June 18, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

Had this one mostly populated for a while, just boxed it up today.  Still playing around with R20 to dial in the amount of wobbly-ness.  Some of my best wiring yet, if I do say so myself.  These boards are like cheating, though.

Paint is Anodized Transparent Pink from PowderBuythePound.  I put it over a silver base coat, but it didn't turn out very transparent.  More like flat pink.  I like how the paint came out, though.  Looks like a cupcake :)

selfdestroyer

Looks so clean. And the white DC jack was nice touch as it mached perfect. Great build.

midwayfair

Now I want a cupcake. And some white DC jacks.

It just wouldn't have been the same without the white DC jack. Good call. :)

billstein

Nice. Reminds of a pedal Barbie would use if she was in a rock band.

slimtriggers

Quote from: billstein on June 19, 2013, 01:24:09 AM
Nice. Reminds of a pedal Barbie would use if she was in a rock band.

:D

Goes with my Hello Kitty Strat.  I just got some neon pink strings from the Guitar Center String Club, too  8)

jimilee

Wait....what???? How do it sound???
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

You're either a very brave man, or possessed of a very persuasive daughter :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

atreidesheir

Looks like a strawberry milkshake.  Great build.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

G.G.

yeah, pink-out!!! Great-looking build. Any chance of a group shot with the guitar?

gtr2

Looks great.  Group shot encouraged  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Nice build dude.

And we all know real men wear pink  ;)

Nice to see a Multiplex Jr build too; haven't seen many yet (my PCB is winging its way to me right now).

slimtriggers

Group shot.   :)  I originally bought this guitar as a starting point for a project.  It actually plays pretty nice and stays in tune.  I got it for less than it would have cost me to buy all the components separately, but I just couldn't bring myself to defile the cute Hello Kitty face.  I don't much care for the pickup, it's a little muddy for my taste.  With a pickup change, though, this would be a legitimately usable ax 8)

Quote from: raulduke on June 19, 2013, 03:10:32 PM

Nice to see a Multiplex Jr build too; haven't seen many yet (my PCB is winging its way to me right now).

Definitely socket R20.  The stock value was way too wobbly for my taste.  I settled on 820k in mine.

G.G.

those go great together!! Thanks for the R20 tip too, I'll be getting started with my Jr. build sometime soon.