News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1-Up, 2-Up

Started by G.G., June 14, 2013, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hey Gang,
Here is a RunOffGroove Double D I finally got put together for the 2nd time. First time through was DOA. Went through it a few times and could not locate the problem but I suspect it was related to the offboard spaghetti I put together (always my weakness). 2nd time through worked great but the offboard wiring, well, next project I will be looking at something with board-mounted pots. This circuit has a ton of high end. Not thin sounding but with my Tele it really needed a tone stack. I found one of Jack Orman's Stupidly Wonderful tone circuits that was set up for treble cut and added that on the spaghetti pile. It definitely helped make it more usable. Overall, I really like the sound, the Mario side (3 gain stages) isn't as gainy as I expected with the Tele, but my Gretsch with hotter, darker pickups pushes it up there more. The Luigi side (2 gain stages) is my favorite, does the cranked amp thing really nicely. The Mario & Luigi image is one of Tom Whalen's cool designs that I happened upon while looking for something else. It matched the red & green bi-color LED so I figured why not.  :D

stevewire

This looks fantastic.  Interesting enclosure also.  Any information on that type of enclosure?

Parra

awesome, it looks really cool.

wolfingsworth

Quote from: stevewire on June 14, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
This looks fantastic.  Interesting enclosure also.  Any information on that type of enclosure?
I'm also curious about the enclosure. I love the graphic btw!

G.G.

thanks guys! The enclosure is a project box I picked up at Fry's, it's kind of like an extra large 125b size-wise. There's a top and bottom that are held together by the two end plates.

alanp

I'm meh on the graphics, they just remind you that Nintendo tend to recycle Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, and maybe a couple other games on EVERY. SINGLE. CONSOLE they make. But you have done a VERY good job!

But the whole project is very polished and well done! You should do a demo and submit it to the contest!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

That graphic is so good, and the symmetrical layout is extra classy.