Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New build non madbean - lo profile doppelganger

Started by Hangingmonkey, April 14, 2013, 04:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on April 29, 2013, 11:53:06 PM
Quote from: alanp on April 28, 2013, 11:53:02 PM
Hangingmonkey, have you done a test fit in the new box?

And for the old box... massively modified rat or muff or TS with the standard 'modded' lotsa switches aesthetic? :)

The test fit works.
I like the idea of a super modded TS, might give that a try.

That box is screaming for a modded TS! You could even fit 2 moded TS's in there!

blue_tokai

Quote from: nzCdog on April 30, 2013, 01:42:40 AM
I would tape the inside of the hole, apply filler and remove the tape and sand to a smooth finish once it's dry. It's surprisingly durable, particularly effective at the smaller holes obviously.  One warning is, don't try bake dry the paint on an enclosure that's been filled... trust me on this  ;) :-[

I tend to use the same technique, but I use a product called JB Weld. Though i dont think you will have a problem with heat with JB Weld  (they do have a high heat version too ;)   )
Recent builds.....
Sea Urchin, Cave Dweller, Autobahn, Little Angel, Tremulus Lune

Hangingmonkey

Hmmm, serves me right for trying something different but the finish on the new box didnt quite turn out as expected.

Usually my routine is paint, clear, decal and then more clear.
Just to try something different, i applied the decal directly to the paint and then cleared with a different brand to my usual and it ended up looking like this:

Which sort of looks interesting as a 2 tone contrast but the edges look rough:

Trying to decide whether to strip the finish and start again.
Anyone else had similar results from applying the decal to the paint layer???

Stomptown

I have applied decals directly to paint and some have looked fine and others not so good. There are so many variables (i.e temp, thickness of each caot, paint color, brand, etc.) that can affect the end result that it makes my head spin. I gave up on waterslide because of inconsistencies and durability issues. There's nothing worse than taking a pedal apart and the decal ripping up. . Regardless, it sounds like you have a system that has worked for you so I would just stick to that!

Hangingmonkey

Finally got round to taking pics. Decided to strip the finish. Ran out of blue to i used a metallic grey. Didnt realise that it would make the decal hard to read...

Anyway, it fits now, just. Took a bit of 'gentle' pressure to get the back plate on!

Im getting some lfo ticking though. Can someone look at my offboard wiring and see if that might be the cause.
Not sure if its due to the wires overlapping.

alanp

That black on grey looks sexy.

I don't get any LFO ticking on mine... can only guess that it's the flying wires. Did you get it when it was out of the box?

Does a battery really fit there?  :o
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on May 20, 2013, 01:58:46 AM

Im getting some lfo ticking though. Can someone look at my offboard wiring and see if that might be the cause.
Not sure if its due to the wires overlapping.

Quote from: alanp on May 20, 2013, 02:03:03 AM

I don't get any LFO ticking on mine... can only guess that it's the flying wires. Did you get it when it was out of the box?

I get some ticking at certain settings too, but it will be because of the off board wiring. This pedal really should use the board mounted pots, then I think it would be my dream phaser. I need to build another one, but I don't regret my first layout :)

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on May 20, 2013, 02:03:03 AM

When its on, I can always hear the 2nd LFO ticking...

Thats on my 2nd build on the green board. I used board mount pots and the minimum of flying leads...

agoldoor

So... I just found out that Futurlec will not ship my LDRs for another twenty years, and refuse to respond to any of the five emails I have sent for order status...

So...

Can any of y'all weigh in on whether you think 27k/2Meg will fit the bill?
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_120310_-1

Or, if not those, alternately these, spec'd at "20k-30k/2Meg":
http://extra-parts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=146
(Data sheet here: http://extra-parts.com/datasheets/GL55.pdf )

alanp

I used 27k/2M from small bear, seem to work okay
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

agoldoor