News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just another Klon

Started by pickdropper, June 19, 2013, 12:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I wanted a buffered Klon for my work board (after a buddy of mine absconded with my other one).

Rej's new PCB is a lot nicer from a wiring standpoint.  Most of the buffered Klons can get a bit annoying when trying to keep the wiring clean.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Parra

great looking pedal allaround, but that footswitch wiring is just to much....awesome!

croquet hoop

Beautiful enclosure as usual, and the wiring is insanely clean. Is this Amphenol ribbon wire ?

pickdropper

Quote from: croquet hoop on June 19, 2013, 01:37:59 PM
Beautiful enclosure as usual, and the wiring is insanely clean. Is this Amphenol ribbon wire ?

Yes, that is the exact same wire.  It's wonderful to use.  The only thing to pay attention to is that the jacket will shrink and tear if overheated.  But that isn't a really big deal, IMHO.
Function f(x)

rullywowr

Really clean looking build!  Just wondering if you could share how you mounted the PCB to the enclosure?  Thanks.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jprizz

THAT. IS. STUNNING. Tip of the hat to you sir, you've done it again.

jimilee

Stunning! Just out or curiosity,why the stereo input jack?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: rullywowr on June 19, 2013, 02:00:12 PM
Really clean looking build!  Just wondering if you could share how you mounted the PCB to the enclosure?  Thanks.

Yep, I mounted it with 3M VHB foam tape and a couple of pieces of scrap acrylic.  It was a sandwich of:

VHB - Acrylic - VHB - Acrylic - VHB

That tape is really strong.  The board shouldn't go anywhere.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2013, 02:20:42 PM
Stunning! Just out or curiosity,why the stereo input jack?

Just in case I change my mind and add a battery later (highly unlikely).
Function f(x)

slimtriggers

Always inspiring!  Amazingly clean!

What is the finish on this one?

jprizz

Alright, I just looked over the pics again... I completely missed how awesome this is on the inside. I mean I knew it was neat but this is ridiculous! (in the good way) That is by far the best, neatest, off the hook wiring I've ever seen! I read Jimi's comment on the input jack and when I went back and looked at the pic, I thought to myself, "he forgot to wire it up the jacks!".  Did a double take to finally see they really are wired up. THEN. Then I looked at the X-wing switch wiring. Holy Crap... There is nothing more to say, move along, I'm done now.

billstein

Absolutely ridiculous! I will study this to see how wiring should be done. Fantastic.

mjcyates

Beautiful pedal! Everything about it.

croquet hoop

Quote from: pickdropper on June 19, 2013, 01:51:24 PMYes, that is the exact same wire.  It's wonderful to use.  The only thing to pay attention to is that the jacket will shrink and tear if overheated.  But that isn't a really big deal, IMHO.

This is nice to hear, as I have ordered a fair length of it (the multicolor 10 conductors version) to give it a try. I doubt I'll come up with something comparable to your work though  ;D

As for the finish, I'd say PPP's Copper Translucent.

Liustucru

Quote from: pickdropper on June 19, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
I wanted a buffered Klon for my work board (after a buddy of mine absconded with my other one).

Rej's new PCB is a lot nicer from a wiring standpoint.  Most of the buffered Klons can get a bit annoying when trying to keep the wiring clean.

This is very VERY clean !!!
I don't usually like ribbon wires but you've done perfectly !!!