News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Prismatic Reverb (aka Deadastronaut Flying Saucer aka Box of hall aka...aka...)

Started by chromesphere, June 20, 2013, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi guys,

Forget to post this here!  A recent, very satisfying build.  Theres a thread on 'the other forum' about it, link is in the description on the youtube page of the 2 videos below.  Fanastic sounding reverb...have a listen to it in that sound demo below.  Highly recommended!

Paul

Sound Demo

Build Report
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

selfdestroyer

I was also building this on the FSB forum and I simply love it. I have yet to box it up yet but it has been connected to my test rig for almost a month just so I can play it. The oscillation switch, I think, is a must because it adds a whole nother level to this verb.

I did just pick up the Grindcustomsfx Tenebrion Reverb to compare it to.

I love the layout Deadastronaut did but I would love to add onboard pots at some point.

I have found with a "short" belton brick and oscillation up high and a LPB1 or SHO you can achieve the same sound as the new Death By Audio Sunshine Reverberation Pedal.

chromesphere

Yes!  That was your post in the DIYSB i followed for the oscillation switch.  I agree worthwhile having it on there.  Interesting to hear the experience you have had with th other reverbs. 

When things settle down at home i would like to try the wet / dry mod that was being discussed in that thread as well.  Only reverb would sound pretty cool!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: chromesphere on June 20, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
When things settle down at home i would like to try the wet / dry mod that was being discussed in that thread as well.  Only reverb would sound pretty cool!

I definitely agree.. that would be an awesome addition and I would be all over that mod also.

On a side note.. I have been enjoying your videos and would like to request if you can do some on troubleshooting with your scope. You and I have almost the same scope and I am trying to wrap my head around ways to help me troubleshoot and testing. I would love to see what you do with yours.

chromesphere

Thanks! Its a good idea, unfortunately theory is not my strong point and presenting that sort of information can just lead to it being picked to pieces if your not 100% sure of what your saying.  I may still do it at some point, and i have some more oscilloscope videos in the upload queue though so keep an eye out for those.
Paul

culturejam

Wet/dry should be pretty easy. I would think a SPST on the output of the input amp would do the trick.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

chromesphere

I think mike / rob (r o tiree / deadastronaut) have implemented a pot in much the same place, as an adjustable control.  Not even sure i'd be able to fit it!  That BB is filling up :D

Paul

claytushaywood

selfdestroyer

Quote from: claytushaywood on October 24, 2013, 03:14:49 AM
is there a pcb layout for this or something?  cant find one!

Just follow this thread
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101126.0
There is 2 different layouts that are verified and another one in the works it looks like.

claytushaywood

well the first two posts of the layout are not available for download when you follow the link.  and the one that is available to download apparently isnt verified yet

aballen

Really want to build one of these.  I have such a huge backlog though.

GrindCustoms

Looking great! Verbs are fun to build :)

As far as i know, the Box of Hall is a design by CJ that couple guys pulled a variety of layout out of it...

The Tenebrion is essentially the same thing other that we added a feedback pot to control the amount of feedback.....if that control is turned completely CCW...it's a Box Of Hall....

Box of Hall was the board used to devellop the Tenebrion ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

gtangas

chromesphere

You will noticed also in the diystompbox thread that rob (deadastronaut) is working on tails for this effect as well.  He has also added a wet/dry pot.  Looks like im going to have to make another one :|
Paul

ggarms

Yeah, I need this. Where's the PCB art? Clay is right- dead  links.