News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii

Started by crashguitar, May 10, 2010, 01:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashguitar

Here is my Zombii build. This is my second pedal build and first using Madbean's PCB. Thanks for the cool resources, Madbean.

irmcdermott

very cool. how are you doing your graphics? it looks slick.

crashguitar

I used a pre- painted box from Pedal Parts Plus. The graphics are just the water slide decals from Smallbear. Then I put a few coats of Krylon clear coat on, baked in between each coat. There are a few blemishes and if you look close you can see the edges of the decal. But from any distance at all, it looks OK.
My first pedal was a GGG kit and I painted the enclosure and used a decal sheet I found at a hobby store locally. It didn't turn out nearly as well as this one. I much prefer drilling to painting.

Sam87

What pots are you using here??

kholinar

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

crashguitar

Yep, those are the pots. Smallbear is where I got them.

jkokura

they're out of the 5k I need... Anyone know where else to get them?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

crashguitar

I believe these are the same thing from Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Taiwan/RD901F-20-15R1-B53/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtxdMMi52izyjm9YTycY8j/aVH6ufWRgEw%3d. Looks like they are a little more expensive than Smallbear, though.

jkokura

Similar but not identical. Those are 50k not 5k
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

crashguitar

Try searching Mouser for this part number:  RD901F-20-15R1. I'm pretty sure they have the 5K ones. I stole the part number from Smallbear to search Mouser and they came pretty easily.

PLAINCLOTHESMAN

what style knob did you use on this? when i board mounted my pots, the knobs i got didnt fit.

crashguitar

I used these: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=644.
I have since removed them. They were actually touching each other, so if you adjusted one, it would make one next to it move as well.