News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dr. Manhattan Lightwah

Started by Guybrush, June 22, 2013, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Finally finished one of the circuits I've been working on. It's Deadastronaut's Lightwah from DIYSB.

Not too happy with the etch but as it's my first one it'll do.

The LEDs underneath get brighter the closer your foot is to the LDR.

jimilee

Very nice build and etch indeed
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wolfingsworth

That is fricken rad! I think that etch turned out great and the light plate is a nice touch. Although I rarely use a wah, I could see myself building one of these out of sheer amusement.

Haberdasher

I like the etch
The best thing about etching the case is that if it looks a little grungy, that only adds to the appeal.  I still haven't ever tried it myslef.  maybe one day
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

LaceSensor

televisiondown

This is awesome! Love the rough look of the etch and the backplate, too!? Blue LED goes perfect with the Watchmen/Dr. Manhattan theme. Great job!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

pickdropper

Quote from: televisiondown on June 22, 2013, 01:07:39 PM
This is awesome! Love the rough look of the etch and the backplate, too!? Blue LED goes perfect with the Watchmen/Dr. Manhattan theme. Great job!

This.  Well done.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Guybrush

Cheers guys. I appreciate the kind words. This was my 1st semi-complicated build so I was just pleased that I got it working.

I wanted the etch to be super clean but it's not too bad as it is.

Quote from: wolfingsworth on June 22, 2013, 12:02:43 PM
Although I rarely use a wah, I could see myself building one of these out of sheer amusement.

I never really use wah either. I just liked the idea of the LDR foot control and wanted to challenge myself with a more complicated circuit than what I've built before.

twin1965

Nice etch. I really need to try etching one day. Hope my first one comes out as good as yours!

hoodoo

Mate, that's a fantastic etch, especially for a first go, lot's of fine lines there. Great looking build, All the best, Matt.

midwayfair

Nice work, and this is an excellent circuit for a lightplate. :)

lincolnic

Are you seriously unhappy with that etch? Because this looks fantastic. I'd be proud to own this pedal.

culturejam

Quote from: lincolnic on June 22, 2013, 07:52:33 PM
Are you seriously unhappy with that etch? Because this looks fantastic. I'd be proud to own this pedal.

No shit. That's a great etch. Fantastic finish all around.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Guybrush

Cheers guys

I'm just being fussy. If I do another etch I'll be sure to cover the areas that aren't to be etched with nail varnish just to add an extra layer of protection.

Trying to think of a circuit that would be suitable for Rorchach now.

billstein

Nice looking pedal and great etch. Can I ask you where you got the files for this one?