News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1st Build Report - Afterlife, Egghead & Cave Dweller

Started by Ludo15, June 24, 2013, 05:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo15

Hi,

After watching tons of them, here's my first build report and my first 1590A builds as well.
I've followed Brian's baby board guide to build these, so thanks Brian for the nice guide and free egghead this Christmas!
Love those three pedals, I think the egghead is my new favorite OD. :)

And some gut shots...

Haven't found a way yet to fit the silver mica cap so the enclosure closes properly in the egghead yet. But just sounds so good, love the eq and gain range.

midwayfair

excellent graphics, especially on the afterlife.

eldanko

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

GhostofJohnToad

Wow!  Top notch!  These are stellar regardless if they are your 1st or many of many. 

Stomptown

Well done! These look great inside and out! 
I especially like the compressor graphics...

twin1965

Very nice first builds  :) Specially since these are 1590A builds! Guts are very tidy and the artwork is cool!

DutchMF

Very nice for a first Build Report! I really like how you give credit where credit's due and then put your own name under there in big letters, because both deserve to be seen! Nice pedals dude....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

G.G.

They all look great, nice job!! You even managed to sneak a Greenie in there!

croquet hoop

Textbook baby builds, looks like they're straight from the documentation, congrats! The artwork on the enclosures looks great as well, I especially love the text & outline on the underside of the pedals. Nice attention to details.

bcalla

jimilee

First builds or first build report? Those are stellar..
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ludo15

Thanks for the kind words!

Sorry about the confusion, I've built a couple pedals before those (8 to be exact), but those where my first ones in a 1590A. So much harder to fit than the 1590B/125B ones.

This is my 1st build report, hopefully 1st of many more! ;)

gordo

These had better not be first BUILDS or I'm going to start throwing stuff... ;D

The Afterlife is the sleeper pedal on my board these days and is on pretty much full time.  I hit rehearsal tonite with my Night Train and a cord with a homemade tele just to prove I could still play without pedals.  I CAN, it's just not as much fun...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

hoodoo

Yep, what everyone else said, great builds mate. Love the double decal thing, giving credit where it's due, Matt.

alanp

If they're leaning against a LCR DMM, this obviously isn't his first outing in electronics in general :)

(And man are they pretty!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website