News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Galacticon Phase Shifter (non-madbean)

Started by Stomptown, June 25, 2013, 05:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

Great work!

What socket system do you use between the 3pdt switch and the main pcb?
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

Stomptown

Quote from: das234 on July 01, 2013, 10:53:04 PM
Any chance you could send me the file you used for this etch?  I promise I won't steal it, I just want to see what it looked like before etching for my own education.

No problem! Just PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of it...

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on July 01, 2013, 11:56:17 PM
Great work!

What socket system do you use between the 3pdt switch and the main pcb?

I actually wired it by hand. I would like to try a socket system like mill-max but haven't had the opportunity...

Stomptown

Quote from: das234 on July 01, 2013, 10:53:04 PM
Any chance you could send me the file you used for this etch?  I promise I won't steal it, I just want to see what it looked like before etching for my own education.

Here is the graphic I used for my etch. All of the pitting on the enclosure was accomplished by pressing blue painters tape on the toner  after is was transferred from the PNP Blue paper to the enclosure. I used to paint the sides of the enclosure prior to placing the enclosure in the etchant, but I have recently found that well applied blue painters tape works great. If I were going for a pristine etch without pitting I would still use a paint mask to be safe, but the painters tape works surprisingly well! You may also notice that the drill marks are part of the etch, which I highly recommend. It made it really easy to center the knob around the dial graphic.

nzCdog

TwistdDeth

Select, bend, trim, place, solder, repeat

ch1naski

Hey stomp, looking at the schematics for this, the so-called vibe mod would be implemented on c2 and c3, yes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on July 07, 2013, 11:48:21 PM
Hey stomp, looking at the schematics for this, the so-called vibe mod would be implemented on c2 and c3, yes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sounds right to me. C2 and C3 are the same as the smoothie and I found threads about the smoothie confirming C2 and C3