News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LM78L05 voltage regulator

Started by kost2112, June 28, 2013, 06:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kost2112

Hello,
i wonder if i can use a LM78L05ACZ voltage regulator instead of LM78L05. Is there any difference between them? It's a bit difficult for me to find a LM78L05 and all i can find is the LM78L05ACZ. If there is a big difference and you know where to find the LM78L05 i'm looking for, please post a link if you don't mind so i can get it...
thanks in advance ;)

RobA

Usually the last few letters in a part number just say something about the package and delivery method (tape, bulk, etc.). If you look up the data sheet, the info about what these letters means will be in there. The last letters can depend on the particular manufacturer.

The main thing is that the LM78L05ACZ is an LM78L05.

With voltage regulators it's important to look at the particular data sheet for the device you have to make sure the pinout matches the one on your board. Some of them are reversed. They still work. You just have to get them oriented the right way. Very much like with transistors.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).