News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Transistor mojo madness

Started by selfdestroyer, June 27, 2013, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

These just got here today.. I have been giving my semiconductor tester a workout today lol

dumped the box on the table:

Let the sorting begin:

2N's OC's BC's AC's 2S's and more. 95% are NOS and the 25 I have tested so far all fall in line with the spec sheets so thats good odds so far.

These with the recent Allen Bradley's resistors I got, now I just need to get some vintage caps and I am set for vintage "noisy" builds. lol

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Dude, those little black and white button silicon ones -- if they're what I think they are and are HFE ~25-50, they're absolute gold in q1 of a fuzz face or the middle transistor of a bender or buzz around.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on June 27, 2013, 05:02:34 PM
Dude, those little black and white button silicon ones -- if they're what I think they are and are HFE ~25-50, they're absolute gold in q1 of a fuzz face or the middle transistor of a bender or buzz around.

They seem to be A155 & A165 and they seem to a bit higher HFE.

Here is some info from the DCA Pro on the A155

raulduke

Awesome stash dude.

I bet you will have some fun with those!

RobA

What's that giant hexagonal beast? You need to figure out a pedal to make with it and have it on display on the top of the box.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

culturejam

Quote from: RobA on June 28, 2013, 05:50:09 AM
What's that giant hexagonal beast?

I think it might be a heat sink on the tranny.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

RobA

I figured that but was wondering what kind of thing would need that much heatsink. It looks like it's designed to attach to a bigger sink with that screw top too. Do you know yet what's underneath? 
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Jean-Rock

Wow ! Happy "Mojoing" !!!   :D
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

selfdestroyer

Thanks guys.. It was fun staying up WAY to late last night sorting and looking up datasheets. It looks like I got a pretty good haul for Fuzz  Faces and Tonebenders and much more. What was really cool is 99% of these came in pairs. Here is what I have sorted so far.

2N1711   NPN
2N3391   NPN
2N404   PNP
2N404A   PNP
2N697   NPN
2SB175   PNP
2SB176   NPN
2SB324   PNP
2SB54   PNP
2SB77   PNP
A05           NPN
A136           NPN
A155   
A165           NPN
A179B   PNP
AC125   PNP
AC128   PNP
AC153Y   PNP
AC176   NPN
AF211   
BC301   NPN
BC309A   PNP
BC417A   PNP
GC117T   PNP
NKT275   PNP
OC44           PNP
OC77           PNP

Still have a lot more 2N's and then I have a hand full that have no labels so i will have to take ratings and see if I can figure out what they are.

atreidesheir

Is the source ?
ebay
forum
craigslist
or what?

just had to ask.  It looks like stuff not from the usual vendors we all know.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman