News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin

Started by Hangingmonkey, June 28, 2013, 12:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Just got my sharkfin working yesterday, sounds great.  Heres what it currently looks like.  Still needs boxing up but Im in the process of decalling everything up.

Ill update the thread when its completed

slimtriggers

Nice!   8)

I've got mine mostly populated, just need to source the ca3080's. 

Hangingmonkey

Heres the box, decalled up.  Now need to shoot a load of clear over it...

jubal81

This is going to be great. Love your style.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

twin1965

Gold(?) trapezoidal enclosure. Nice :) This will look good!

billstein

Quote from: twin1965 on June 28, 2013, 01:37:26 PM
Gold(?) trapezoidal enclosure. Nice :) This will look good!

Yeah.  That's going to be sweet.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

GrindCustoms

Oh! that is going to be nice!:)

I really need to pick all the other filter layouts......before the EHX one comes out....otherwise i'll never make it through...
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Ludo15

Awesome looking pedal :)
Love the enclosure shape/color and the fonts!
Ludo

stevie1556

Love the enclosure graphics!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Hangingmonkey

Thanks guys. One of the problems ive been getting with non rectangular shaped boxes, and i dont know if anyone else has had this problem is that the decal gets creases after i spray the clear onto it so ive been having to stick with thin coats and about 30mins afterwards i have to go back and uncrease it.

Dont know why, maybe the irregular shape is exerting uneven forces onto the decal making it crease?  Never had this issue with decals shaped for b or bb boxes. Anyway, anyone else found this?

DutchMF

Nice to finally see someone else using these enclosures! What kind of decal are you using, waterslide? I've built this http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=9688.0 without any issues of creasing decals, but I think I used a completely different technique.

The box looks awesome BTW, really like your style and can't wait for the finished product!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Hangingmonkey

Yep, its waterslide.

Might try the adhesive decal but sounds like its quite unforgiving with the airbubbles compared to waterslide. Does it come in clear