Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It's freaking freezing right now.

Started by alanp, May 28, 2013, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 30, 2013, 07:39:57 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 29, 2013, 01:02:52 PM
At -40Celcius boiling water will freeze before it hits the ground, tap water won't....

You don't want to pee outside at -65...because it will freeze up your tip! Hahahaha!

How would you know  ;D

Haha, i did'nt try..but it's what we where told by the health/security staff when arriving on site. I trusted them...and did'nt want to prove the opposite..hehe

Quote from: atreidesheir on May 30, 2013, 08:57:19 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 29, 2013, 01:02:52 PM
At -40Celcius boiling water will freeze before it hits the ground, tap water won't....

You don't want to pee outside at -65...because it will freeze up your tip! Hahahaha!
I was explaining this to my 4 y/o.  He theorizes you could pee outside and, if you walk backwards, the freezing will never catch you. 
He thought about this a lot.  Peeing outside is one of his favorite things to do.

Me and your son have a common hobby.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Superstereosix

Windchill?
It always brings us down 10 degrees..
Quote from: davent on May 29, 2013, 05:38:25 PM

Puzzler to me? In the winter the thermostat for our house is set at 18-19°c (during the day) which means wearing pants, sweater sometimes throwing a fleece jacket on if i want to feel hot while sitting around (and way more then i wear when out shovelling the snow.) It's starting to finally get warm outside but the house is still maintaining the same temperature, now shorts and a t-shirt are more then adequate to stay comfortable inside. What gives, why is 18°c in the winter feel so much colder then a summer 18°c ?

dave
In Defense Of Humans
affiliations: No TV

alanp

It's a wee bit breezy right now.

Cdog is probably buried up to his armpits in snow, and 3sec (if he's in Wellington as I recall) has probably had to nail his shoes to the floor. The Fire Service in Wellington has advised power companies to not try to fix lines in these conditions, and the public has been advised to stay put, and that not all power line hazards and fallen trees have been marked yet.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

the3secondrule

Yep, sure was breezy last night. Gusts of up to 200kmh or so I'm told. We got off pretty lightly at our place - a fence blown down, and lost power for about 5 hours.

Luckily we have gas heating, so we camped our in the lounge in front of the heater.

Off to work now -  in insurance claims - it's gonna be a busy day!

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

TNblueshawk

Quote from: the3secondrule on June 20, 2013, 02:37:13 PM
Yep, sure was breezy last night. Gusts of up to 200kmh or so I'm told. We got off pretty lightly at our place - a fence blown down, and lost power for about 5 hours.

Luckily we have gas heating, so we camped our in the lounge in front of the heater.

Off to work now -  in insurance claims - it's gonna be a busy day!

J

Are you a CAT adjuster who travels to where the damage is?
John