News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

voltage inverter 9v to -9v

Started by gtangas, June 28, 2013, 08:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

hi guys

i want to build a rangemaster in a 1590A but to install there a voltage inverter circuit

The road rage is to big to combine the boards inside this enclosures (my first attempt on this enclosures)

anyone as a smaller circuit?

thxs

twin1965

Have you thought of having this externally? Its small enough to put in a very small plastic enclosure. One input socket from your psu and an ouput plug to your pedal. I recently did this and just taped-it up with yellow electrical tape! Its a Road Rage dongle!!

Good thing is you can use it on any other + ground effects :)

midwayfair

Quote from: gtangas on June 28, 2013, 08:48:48 PM
hi guys

i want to build a rangemaster in a 1590A but to install there a voltage inverter circuit

The road rage is to big to combine the boards inside this enclosures (my first attempt on this enclosures)

anyone as a smaller circuit?

thxs

Build it NPN. Way easier and PNP transistors aren't worth the extra trouble imo in a 1590a.

If you're doing your own layout, check the Java Boost for just using a PNP in a negative ground circuit. It's not too much more complicated than just turning the transistor around backwards.

gtangas

Quote from: twin1965 on June 28, 2013, 09:13:15 PM
Have you thought of having this externally? Its small enough to put in a very small plastic enclosure. One input socket from your psu and an ouput plug to your pedal. I recently did this and just taped-it up with yellow electrical tape! Its a Road Rage dongle!!

Good thing is you can use it on any other + ground effects :)

that´s an idea. i have a 18v transformer from a broken printer and i´m thinking on use it for several voltages
18v / 12V / 9v and -9v

i have to check and see its fits a BB enclosure