News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver LED Problem

Started by CMinusInGym, February 13, 2011, 02:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMinusInGym

Hi, I'm building my first Madbean pedal, an Egodriver OCD Clone, and have a problem with the LED.  The pedal works fine and sounds great, but the LED does not work.  I've tried switching the contacts and even trying a new LED, but neither have worked.  Any idea on what might be causing this?

Thanks for any help!

nzCdog

Have a look at the wiring diagram here...
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=707.0;attach=212;image

Lug 'A1' of the 3PDT goes to the hole marked 'SW' on the egodriver board, the Square 'LED' hole goes to the long leg of the LED (+) and the round LED hole goes to the short leg '-'
Hope this solves your problem :)

CMinusInGym

so if the SW wire isn't connected correctly, the LED won't work?

Thanks I'll check it out!

CMinusInGym

Ok, I tried everything with no avail.  Could it be something else?

madbean

Please post an close-up pic of your led and switch wiring.

CMinusInGym

Okay, I solved the problem and the LED lights up, but when I bypass the pedal, it stays on.
I think there is an accidental connection, but I'm not sure between which parts.

I'll post a pic as soon as I get a chance.

madbean

If it's staying on then somehow the negative end of the LED is always connected to ground, rather than only when the switch is engaged. So, I think somehow the switch wiring is incorrect, or you ran a wire from the wrong pad on the board. We'll know a little more once we get that picture!

CMinusInGym

I partially fixed the problem, but now I have a bigger problem.  The light turns on and of when on/bypassed, but when I plug my guitar in, the LED goes faintly on and the guitar level drops.  When I roll back the guitar volume, the LED grows brighter.  When I turn the effect on, the LED lights up fully and the volume mutes.

(I'll take a picture as soon as I can)

jkokura

Whoa! Sounds trippy! We definitely need more info and pictures.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CMinusInGym

Alright, I figured it out.  In case anyone else ever gets this problem, it was the SW and input tip connections touching.  It finally works and sounds amazing!  Great pedal Madbean!!!  ;D

madbean